Join Dan Violet Sagmiller for an in-depth discussion in this video Unit info base, part of Build a Real-Time Strategy Game with Unity 5.
- [Voiceover] To get any unit information to display,…we'll need a script to support the information bar.…We won't actually store unit information in this video,…but we'll create part of the necessary framework.…As we can see in this info bar,…it has a spot for an image and three lines of text.…So now, let's stop the game and go create a script.…Under the Scripts folder, under the Hud folder, and finally…in here, we'll create a script called InfoManager.…Now with this, I know I'll be working with some UI elements…so I'm gonna add the using statement for that right away.…
Using UnityEngine.UI.…Next, I'll need to know a current reference to this…so that other elements can find it really easily…within the code, so I'm gonna say…public static InfoManager Current,…and we'll set that when we get to the constructor.…Next, we also want to be able to set the profile pic,…so we'll need to know that image…within the UI element so that we can change it.…That's gonna be public Image ProfilePic.…
Additionally, we want to have a reference…
AuthorDan Violet Sagmiller
- Adding player positions and start info
- Loading prebuilt levels
- Adding camera moves
- Adding a unit
- Supporting navigation
- Adding unit owners and player objects
- Importing and setting up a HUD map
- Adding unit info and credits
- Creating HUD actions
- Building a command base
- Adding artificial intelligence
- Adding battle actions
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
1. Initial Setup
2. Adding a Unit
3. Navigation Mesh
4. Unit Owner
5. HUD Map
6. Unit Info & Credits
7. HUD Actions
8. Command Base
9. Base AI
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.