Join Jesse Freeman for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding horizontal and vertical layouts, part of Unity 5: UI.
- Now that we've finished up with the slider,…let's take a look at how layout works…inside of Unity's new UI system.…We're going to create a new scene…and let's call this scene "LayoutScene."…And we'll save it inside of our "Scenes" folder.…Now, let's create an image.…And we're going to copy this image…and paste it three times.…Now, we can lay this out manually in order to…make it look like it's horizontally being stacked…or we can use a layout group.…
Let's create an empty game object inside of our canvas.…Then, we're going to add a new layout component.…Here we'll go to the "Layout" option…and we're going to choose a horizontal layout.…Then, let's rename this game object…and we'll call it an "HLayoutGroup."…If we select all of our images and drag them…into our new group, they'll all be laid out for us.…It's hard to see since they all have the same color.…So let's go through and change the color of each of these.…
We'll make one red, and then we'll make the other green.…One thing to note is that the layout group automatically…
- Adding new components to the Canvas
- Working with RectTransforms
- Nesting UI elements
- Adding rich text and effects to the UI
- Creating images
- Styling UI buttons
- Handling input
- Creating sliders
- Controlling the layout of the screen
- Adding toggles and dropdowns
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Canvas
2. Working with the RectTransform
3. Working with Text
4. Working with Images
5. Working with Buttons
6. Handling UI Input
7. Working with a Slider
8. Controlling Layout
9. Toggles, Dropdowns, and the Input Field
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.