Join Jesse Freeman for an in-depth discussion in this video UI utilities, part of Building Custom Tools to Extend the Unity IDE.
- [Voiceover] So now that we have our title…and our instructions, it would be great…if we could add these easily to our other editors.…We're gonna need to abstract this…and pull it out from our Hello World editor…and deliver it in a way that can be reused…across any of the editors that we create.…To do this, let's go to our Editor folder…and create a new c sharp script.…We're gonna call this EditorUIUtil.…And let's open this up in monodevelop.…Now let's bring in the Unity editor name space.…
Next, let's remove the fact that the editor UI utility…is extending the mono behavior.…And we can also delete the start and update methods as well.…Let's go into the Hello World editor.…We're gonna select both of the styles that we created…and cut them out of this class.…And now let's paste them into the EditorUI utility.…Now in order for this to work a little bit easier,…let's make these static.…Now we can call these static methods, just like…the other classes we used to build out the UI in our editor.…
Let's go back over to our Hello World editor,…
- Exposing variables to the Inspector
- Providing attributes to Inspector fields
- Extending the base editor
- Creating custom UI elements
- Modifying the layout of a custom editor
- Building a custom window
- Saving and loading data
- Creating a reorderable list
- Skinning custom inspectors
- Exporting assets as Unity packages
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Generate Procedural Terrainwith Dan Violet Sagmiller4h 4m Intermediate
Game Design Careers with Brenda Romerowith Brenda Romero54m 41s Beginner
1. Introduction to the Inspector
2. Build Custom Editors in Unity
3. Create Custom UI Elements in Unity
4. Build a Custom Window in Unity
5. Saving and Loading Data in Unity
6. Advanced UI
7. Skinning Custom Inspectors
8. Export Custom Code
Code organization4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.