Join Kelley Hecker for an in-depth discussion in this video Timer level type, part of Build a Match 3 Game with Unity.
- [Voiceover] The last type of level is the timer level.…I'm going to make a new script called, Level Timer.…Like the other level types, this will derive…from the base level class.…The timer level needs to know how much time…the player has in seconds, and what the target score is.…I'm also adding a variable called Timer,…which is how long the game has been running for.…The level type, is LevelType.TIMER.…And I'm just going to add some debug text…to tell the player how much time they get…and the target score they need to reach.…
In Update, we'll update the timer.…If we've run out of time,…then we check to see if we reach the target score.…If we did, we won the game.…If we didn't, we lost the game.…Duplicate the level2 scene to create level3.…This will be our timer level.…Replace the Level Obstacles component…with the level timer script we just made.…Drag in the reference to the grid.…I'm going to give the player 90 seconds…to reach a target score of 50,000.…
The Star scores will be 50,000 for one star,…65,000 for two stars,…
Game developer Kelley Hecker covers topics like creating a grid-based game board, using inheritance to create different types of game pieces, adding obstacles and new levels, detecting matches and clearing pieces, and implementing a user interface complete with a score screen. By the end of the course, members will have a completed game and learned new techniques to apply to their next Unity project.
- Creating a game board grid
- Creating and scripting game pieces
- Filling the board
- Creating obstacles
- Swapping pieces
- Matching pieces
- Clearing obstacles and pieces
- Creating new levels
- Creating the user interface: HUD, game over screen, etc.
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
Creating Mobile Games with Unitywith Kelley Hecker1h 12m Intermediate
Unity 5: Build a Real-Time Strategy Gamewith Dan Violet Sagmiller3h 46m Intermediate
1. The Game Board
2. Make a Move
3. Special Piece Types
4. Level Types
5. User Interface
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.