Join Harrison Ferrone for an in-depth discussion in this video Test in Xcode, part of Unity: Working with Google Firebase.
- [Narrator] Before we actually build and deploy our game to…Xcode to test our Auth system,…we need to do a couple of things.…If you head back into your Fire Quest project online,…you'll see that we're at the overview screen.…Need to click into the authentication option on the left…hand side, and choose sign in method.…Now they're all disabled by default…so we're going to select the email and password,…click enable, and save.…You'll see that the status updates…and we have all green across the board.…
Back in our Unity project we need to update the build…and player settings.…Go up to the top navigation bar,…select file, build settings.…Here, clear select iOS under platform…and hit switch platform.…If you get this incorrect Dot Net version pop-up,…just click yes.…And if you see the "please fix your bundle ID," hit apply.…
All right so that's all set.…We also need to change our player settings.…So by clicking on player settings,…going to the other settings section,…we can see that our bundle ID is correct,…our API compatibility level is correct,…
- Working with Firebase
- Adding signup and login functionality
- Building a player class
- Saving data
- Retrieving data
- Displaying data in the Unity GUI
- Making a reusable asset package for other Unity projects
Skill Level Intermediate
Building Custom Tools to Extend the Unity IDEwith Jesse Freeman2h 11m Intermediate
Careers in the Game Industrywith Christian Bradley1h 19m Beginner
Unity 5: 2D Building an Adventure Gamewith Jesse Freeman2h 22m Intermediate
1. Project Overview
2. Introduction to Firebase
3. Authenticating Players
4. Using the Realtime Database
5. Displaying Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.