Join Jesse Freeman for an in-depth discussion in this video Standardizing styling, part of Building Custom Tools to Extend the Unity IDE.
- [Voiceover] So now that we've created our title,…let's take a look at some ways that we can…abstract out our styles and make them available…elsewhere within our editor.…Let's open up the Hello World Editor.…Right below visible, we're going to create a new property.…We'll make this property public, we'll type it…to a Gui style, and we're going to…call it guiTitleStyle.…Let's create the getter, and inside of the getter…we're going to highlight and cut…the guiTitleStyle we created in the OnInspectorGui…and paste it into our new getter.…
And now let's return the guiTitleStyle…that we create inside of the getter.…Since we're using the same name…as the original variable, we won't have to update…the label field at all.…Everything should just work as is.…Next, let's talk about how we can add some…additional text for instructions to our editor.…Let's scroll down and below the space,…beneath our label field where our title is,…let's create a new label field.…We'll use the EditorGUILayout to create a label field,…and inside of this label field, we're going to add…
- Exposing variables to the Inspector
- Providing attributes to Inspector fields
- Extending the base editor
- Creating custom UI elements
- Modifying the layout of a custom editor
- Building a custom window
- Saving and loading data
- Creating a reorderable list
- Skinning custom inspectors
- Exporting assets as Unity packages
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Generate Procedural Terrainwith Dan Violet Sagmiller4h 4m Intermediate
Game Design Careers with Brenda Romerowith Brenda Romero54m 41s Beginner
1. Introduction to the Inspector
2. Build Custom Editors in Unity
3. Create Custom UI Elements in Unity
4. Build a Custom Window in Unity
5. Saving and Loading Data in Unity
6. Advanced UI
7. Skinning Custom Inspectors
8. Export Custom Code
Code organization4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.