Join Alan Thorn for an in-depth discussion in this video Sources and listeners, part of Cert Prep: Unity Particle Systems, AI, and Audio.
- [Instructor] In this chapter,…I'm going to focus on working with audio inside Unity,…that is, audio in terms of music, which is a music track…that might be played in the background,…and sound effects which might refer to…gunshots, footsteps, and even voiceover from characters.…To demonstrate the fundamentals of audio…and audio file importing,…I've opened up this file here…which is included in the exercise files.…It is effectively based upon the adventure game project…that is provided for free by Unity Technologies…on the Unity assets store.…
I've simply imported that project,…and I'm going to be using that…to demonstrate the fundamentals…of using audio in Unity.…So in this case, what I've opened up…is the SecurityRoom.unity file here,…and if you take a look at the project panel,…that scene is included in the folder Scenes…and then SecurityRoom by double clicking that scene…and opening that into the view here.…We get this science fiction environment…in a kind of implied realism style.…We have this character here.…
This course is part of our Unity cert prep series, focusing on exam objectives related to particle systems, artificial intelligence (AI), navigation and pathfinding systems, and audio. Instructor Alan Thorn teaches you how to control particle emitters, including particle life and size. He explains how to use navigation meshes to control obstacle avoidance, create compelling NPCs by setting up and triggering animation states, and add music and sounds effects to your 2D and 3D games.
Find out more about Unity Certified Developer exam at https://certification.unity.com/.
- Shaping and controlling particle emitters
- Adjusting particle life and size
- Moving objects
- Working with navigation meshes
- Starting and completing idle states
- Starting chase and attack states
- Adding music and 2D and 3D sound