Join Harrison Ferrone for an in-depth discussion in this video Sorts and filters, part of Unity: Working with Google Firebase.
- Firebase has several built in methods for sorting…and filtering data directly from your database.…In a lot of cases this can really cutdown on the time…you need to manually unpack large-nested data snapshots.…Let's look at a practical example here…on our player-board manager.…Here we've called our router .players…and we've added our child-added.…I'm gunna comment this out and I'm gunna call…a new router instance, router, players,…and here I'm just going to type in order.…
Now here you can see you can order by…child, value, key and priority.…If you're interested in how each of these works and how…the return data is ordered,…you can find detailed explanations in the database docs…under the retrieving data section.…For now we're just going to keep it simple…and use the order by child method.…Here it's expecting a string and what it's looking…for is the property you want to order by.…So here we want level.…
Similarly if we wanted to filter our player data…by let's say the first 10 players in the database,…we could do that.…
- Working with Firebase
- Adding signup and login functionality
- Building a player class
- Saving data
- Retrieving data
- Displaying data in the Unity GUI
- Making a reusable asset package for other Unity projects
Skill Level Intermediate
Careers in the Game Industrywith Christian Bradley1h 19m Beginner
Building Custom Tools to Extend the Unity IDEwith Jesse Freeman2h 11m Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Building an Adventure Gamewith Jesse Freeman2h 22m Intermediate
1. Project Overview
2. Introduction to Firebase
3. Authenticating Players
4. Using the Realtime Database
5. Displaying Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.