Join Harrison Ferrone for an in-depth discussion in this video Sign up with email and password, part of Unity: Working with Google Firebase.
- [Instructor] At this point I think we're ready…to start coding our AuthManager script.…So go into the Scripts folder…and double-click on the AuthManager.…In the FormManager script I've already bookmarked…where we'll call our Firebase methods from,…but since we want to have some decent code architecture here…we're going to do the actual implementation…in the AuthManager script.…The first thing we need is some new using directives,…so up above using UnityEngine make some room…and type in using Firebase.…
We also need using Firebase.Auth.…Next, we're going to declare a Firebase.Auth variable…to use throughout the script.…So at the top of the class make some room,…I'm going to put in a comment here,…Firebase API variables.…Now this variable is going to be of type…Firebase.Auth.FirebaseAuth…and, funnily enough, we're going to call…this auth with a little A.…This is going to give us automatic access to things…like the current user information…without having to make any specific API calls.…
Before we can actually do that though…
- Working with Firebase
- Adding signup and login functionality
- Building a player class
- Saving data
- Retrieving data
- Displaying data in the Unity GUI
- Making a reusable asset package for other Unity projects
Skill Level Intermediate
Careers in the Game Industrywith Christian Bradley1h 19m Beginner
Building Custom Tools to Extend the Unity IDEwith Jesse Freeman2h 11m Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Building an Adventure Gamewith Jesse Freeman2h 22m Intermediate
1. Project Overview
2. Introduction to Firebase
3. Authenticating Players
4. Using the Realtime Database
5. Displaying Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.