Join Jesse Freeman for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up the project, part of Unity 5: 2D Pathfinding.
- To get started let's create a new project in Unity.…We're going to call this project IntroToPathfinding.…We're also going to set it to 2D and create the project.…Once it's created, let's make a few folders.…We'll need a new folder to hold our scenes…and another to hold our scripts.…Finally, let's save our current scene into our scenes folder…and we'll call it PathfindingStaging.…In the next set of videos, we'll look at the node class…and start building out the foundation…for our Pathfinding logic.…
- What is A*?
- Adding node classes and properties
- Storing and indexing graph nodes
- Building the search class
- Traversing the nodes
- Searching adjacent nodes
- Testing the search
- Building a test map
- Creating and coloring a grid
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
1. Pathfinding Introduction
What is A*?58s
2. The Node Class
3. The Graph Class
4. The Search Class
5. Testing the Search
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.