In this video Jesse Freeman teaches you how to set up the scene you’ll build your battle system in. You’ll need to merge logic from the Unity 5 2D: Advanced UI and Unity 5 2D: Movement in an RPG game projects that were imported in the first video. You’ll set up the Battle Combat Staging scene and get the game screens and map logic connected up.
- [Voiceover] Now that we have all of…our files in place it's time for us…to create our first scene.…Let's go into the RandomMapGen folder…and go into the scenes folder.…While holding down Option on a Mac…or Alt on Windows let's drag the RandomMapStaging…scene over to our BattleSystems scenes folder.…Now, let's click on the Scenes folder…inside of our BattleSystem folder…and rename our new scene so we don't mix…it up with the scene we just copied it from.…We're going to call this BattleSystemStaging.…
And let's open it up.…If you run the scene you'll see the RPG…that I created in my Unity 5 2D RPG Movement course.…If you move the player you should be able…to walk around the map and if you…click inside of the game window to give it focus…you should be able to right-click…and drag around the scene in order to see…more of the map.…Let's go ahead and stop this and move on…to adding the UI that we'll need for our game.…Inside of the AdvancedUI folder…is another scenes folder.…
Let's open up the GameWindow scene.…Here we're going to select the canvas…
- Preparing the user interface
- Creating game and message windows
- Building a battle window
- Adding a monster and action buttons
- Creating an actor class
- Adding player and monster attack actions
- Triggering battles from the map
- Ending a battle
- Cleaning up the battle and attack systems
- Rewarding the player
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Preparing the UI
2. Message Window
3. The Battle Window
4. Actor Classes
5. Battle Actions
6. Cleaning Up Combat
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.