Join Jesse Freeman for an in-depth discussion in this video Select difficulty, part of Unity 5 2D: Advanced UI.
- Now we're ready to connect up each of the toggle buttons.…Let's go back into our DifficultyWindow class…and get it ready to connect up.…The first thing we're gonna do…is add a property for the difficulty setting.…We'll make this a public int called difficulty.…And for the getter, we'll have it return zero for now.…For the setter, we're gonna take the value…and make sure that it always stays within the scope…of the number of toggle buttons that we have.…
So, let's take the value that gets passed in…and set it to a cast int value of Mathf.Repeat…and pass the value back in.…Repeat is a really handy method…that allows you to loop a value based on its length.…So, if you tried to set a value outside of the range…of an array, for example, instead of it going out of bounds,…it would go back to zero.…If you went from zero down, it would go back…to the top of the length of the item.…
For the length, we're gonna get reference…to a field we've yet to create, called difficultyGroup.…We'll get its transform and child count.…
Unity expert Jesse Freeman helps you design your UI using custom prefabs (reusable UI elements), UI components such as windows and buttons, simple buildup animations, and transitions. He also helps you create a window manager to guide changes and relationships between windows, and extend the window system with a custom Unity editor that lets you standardize window display and navigation throughout your game.
- Creating Unity prefabs: fonts, colors, buttons, and labels
- Adding a title, credits, and buttons to the start screen
- Adding a game over screen
- Creating animated stats for the game over screen
- Transitioning between windows
- Building a keyboard window
- Mouse, keyboard, and controller navigation
- Building a custom Unity editor for managing in-game windows
- Adding a window to select difficulty level
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5 2D: Generate Procedural Terrainwith Dan Violet Sagmiller4h 4m Intermediate
Unity 5 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
Unity 5 2D: Building a Tile Map Editorwith Jesse Freeman1h 38m Intermediate
1. Create UI Prefabs in Unity
2. Create a Start Screen in Unity
3. Create a Game Over Screen in Unity
4. Create a Window Manager
The window manager3m 45s
5. Create a Virtual Keyboard Window
6. Extend the Window System
7. Add a Difficulty Window in Unity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.