Join Kelley Hecker for an in-depth discussion in this video Script the level base class, part of Building a Match 3 Game with Unity.
- [Voiceover] We can now fill our gameboard,…clear and match pieces, and we even have…special piece types.…But this still isn't really a game.…There's no way to win or lose.…We'll fix that by creating a level class,…which will keep track of the state of the game.…We're going to implement three different level types:…a timer level, where the player must reach a certain score…in the given amount of time; a moves level,…where the player must reach a score…within the given number of moves;…and an obstacles-level type, where the player must…clear all the obstacles within a specific number of moves.…
To begin with, we're going to create a base level class…that all of our other level classes will derive from.…Create a new script called Level and open it.…This base class will contain all of the things…that are shared between all the level types.…First, we'll define an enum for the possible level types.…Since we know that each level will have a level type,…we'll add a variable for that to the base class.…This variable will be protected,…
Game developer Kelley Hecker covers topics like creating a grid-based game board, using inheritance to create different types of game pieces, adding obstacles and new levels, detecting matches and clearing pieces, and implementing a user interface complete with a score screen. By the end of the course, members will have a completed game and learned new techniques to apply to their next Unity project.
- Creating a game board grid
- Creating and scripting game pieces
- Filling the board
- Creating obstacles
- Swapping pieces
- Matching pieces
- Clearing obstacles and pieces
- Creating new levels
- Creating the user interface: HUD, game over screen, etc.
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
Creating Mobile Games with Unitywith Kelley Hecker1h 12m Intermediate
Build a Real-Time Strategy Game with Unity 5with Dan Violet Sagmiller3h 46m Intermediate
1. The Game Board
2. Make a Move
3. Special Piece Types
4. Level Types
5. User Interface
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.