Join Kelley Hecker for an in-depth discussion in this video Script the game over screen, part of Building a Match 3 Game with Unity.
- [Voiceover] Now I'm going to create a script…to control the game over screen.…Create a new script,…and call it Game over.…Drag it on to the game over object.…We're going to add some variables…to store references to all URL elements…we need to change.…This will be the Screen Object,…the Score Object,…the Lose and the Score Text,…and all the Star Images.…Connect all these objects…in the inspector.…
When you're done,…each will look like this.…Back in the game over script,…we don't want the screen to be visible…when we're playing the game,…so at start,…we'll deactivate the screen object.…We'll also hide all the star images,…we'll re-enable them later.…Create a function called ShowLose ,…which will be called when we lose the game.…When we lose the game…we wan't to display the game over screen.…So we set the screen object to active.…
Then we deactivate the score object.…Since that should only be visible…when we win the game.…Then we'll play show animation…we made in the previous video.…Now create a function…to show on the screen when we win the game.…
Game developer Kelley Hecker covers topics like creating a grid-based game board, using inheritance to create different types of game pieces, adding obstacles and new levels, detecting matches and clearing pieces, and implementing a user interface complete with a score screen. By the end of the course, members will have a completed game and learned new techniques to apply to their next Unity project.
- Creating a game board grid
- Creating and scripting game pieces
- Filling the board
- Creating obstacles
- Swapping pieces
- Matching pieces
- Clearing obstacles and pieces
- Creating new levels
- Creating the user interface: HUD, game over screen, etc.
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
Creating Mobile Games with Unitywith Kelley Hecker1h 12m Intermediate
Build a Real-Time Strategy Game with Unity 5with Dan Violet Sagmiller3h 47m Intermediate
1. The Game Board
2. Make a Move
3. Special Piece Types
4. Level Types
5. User Interface
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.