Join Kelley Hecker for an in-depth discussion in this video Score points, part of Building a Match 3 Game with Unity.
- [Voiceover] When a player clears a piece,…they should get some points.…Some pieces might even be worth more than others…like special pieces.…To know how many points a piece is worth,…we're going to add a score parameter.…Open the game piece script,…and add a new integer variable called score.…Make this public so we can assign it in the inspector.…In the Editor, click on one of the piece prefabs,…and you can see the new score variable.…Here you can set how much each piece should be worth.…I'm going to make the normal piece worth 300 points,…the row and column clearing pieces worth 600 points,…and the rainbow piece worth 1,000 points.…
The bubble pieces will be worth 500 points.…In the Level script, we'll update the score…in OnPieceCleared.…Increment the current score by the pieces score.…I'm also adding a debug log so we can see what our score is.…Now we just need to call OnPieceCleared…when a piece is cleared.…We'll do that in the next video.…
Game developer Kelley Hecker covers topics like creating a grid-based game board, using inheritance to create different types of game pieces, adding obstacles and new levels, detecting matches and clearing pieces, and implementing a user interface complete with a score screen. By the end of the course, members will have a completed game and learned new techniques to apply to their next Unity project.
- Creating a game board grid
- Creating and scripting game pieces
- Filling the board
- Creating obstacles
- Swapping pieces
- Matching pieces
- Clearing obstacles and pieces
- Creating new levels
- Creating the user interface: HUD, game over screen, etc.
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
Creating Mobile Games with Unitywith Kelley Hecker1h 12m Intermediate
Build a Real-Time Strategy Game with Unity 5with Dan Violet Sagmiller3h 47m Intermediate
1. The Game Board
2. Make a Move
3. Special Piece Types
4. Level Types
5. User Interface
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.