Join Dan Violet Sagmiller for an in-depth discussion in this video RtsManager Script, part of Unity 5: Build a Real-Time Strategy Game.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Now we need code to start managing the game.…To do that, I'm going to create a folder…out of the Root Asset area called Scripts.…Inside the Scripts folder,…I'm going to create a script called RTS Manager.…Particularly a C # Script;…Capital R, capital N, no space.…Now, I want to edit this script.…As this script will be managing the entire game,…I'll want it to be accessible to anything trying to find it.…
Normally, I might suggest putting in some…sort of IOC system like Ninja.…However, to keep this class simpler,…we're just going to focus on…making something more direct, a static call.…To begin with, I'll create a public, static…RTS manager, called Current,…and it equals Null to begin with.…When the RTS manager starts,…we'll set current to equal this instance,…so current equals this.…
I'll save the code, return to the game,…and I'll create the object in the sea.…For this, I'm going to say, Create, Empty.…I'm going to call this Manager.…I called it Manager because we'll have additional…scripts that help us out.…The RTS manager is only one of those…
AuthorDan Violet Sagmiller
- Adding player positions and start info
- Loading prebuilt levels
- Adding camera moves
- Adding a unit
- Supporting navigation
- Adding unit owners and player objects
- Importing and setting up a HUD map
- Adding unit info and credits
- Creating HUD actions
- Building a command base
- Adding artificial intelligence
- Adding battle actions
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
1. Initial Setup
2. Adding a Unit
3. Navigation Mesh
4. Unit Owner
5. HUD Map
6. Unit Info & Credits
7. HUD Actions
8. Command Base
9. Base AI
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.