- Preparing a Revit model for export
- Setting up export views
- Linking the model into 3ds Max
- Remapping UVW
- Organizing Unity projects
- Importing and creating materials
- Topography and context
- Adjusting sunlight
- Fly-through cameras
- First-person walkthroughs
- Room-scale VR
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Logan] I'm Logan Smith and I'll be your instructor for this course. In the architecture and design industries, we almost universally underutilize our valuable 3D models. By bringing a design model into a real-time immersive engine like Unity, you're empowered to take your design process to the next level with visualizations, simulation, analysis, augmented reality, or virtual reality. This course teaches you how to quickly and fluidly prepare and move your Revit model into Unity and how to work with it once it's there. We skip the overbearing details of game design and focus on a workflow that can fit in the design professional's busy schedule.
We'll start with a Revit project, go over preparation and export and then how to process that file in 3ds Max if you have it. Finally, we import these files into Unity and give you the basics you need to begin setting up your scene and even scripting interactivity. Join me in these videos so that you can harness the power of real-time engines in your design profession.