Join Jesse Freeman for an in-depth discussion in this video Reskin our reorderable list, part of Building Custom Tools to Extend the Unity IDE.
- [Voiceover] Now that we have our reorderable lists,…we're going to want to make it easier to edit…the actual data for each of the items in the list itself.…Let's go ahead and open back up our SaveTest editor.…Underneath our RemoveCallback,…let's create a new method called OnDrawCallback.…Here, we're going to get a reference to a Rect.…We'll also get an Int for an index,…a boolean for isActive,…and a boolean for isFocused.…
Let's go ahead and connect this Callback to our list.…On the list, we'll connect the drawElementCallback…to our new OnDrawCallback method.…Next, let's paste this in the OnDisable method,…where we remove our other Callback.…Here we're going to change the plus sign to a minus,…so that we also cleanly remove the OnDrawCallback…when we lose Focus for our editor.…Now let's scroll down to the OnDrawCallback…and talk about how this works.…
Every time an element is rendered inside of the list,…this method is going to get called.…The position of the element will get defined…by the Rect that's passed in.…
- Exposing variables to the Inspector
- Providing attributes to Inspector fields
- Extending the base editor
- Creating custom UI elements
- Modifying the layout of a custom editor
- Building a custom window
- Saving and loading data
- Creating a reorderable list
- Skinning custom inspectors
- Exporting assets as Unity packages
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Generate Procedural Terrainwith Dan Violet Sagmiller4h 4m Intermediate
Game Design Careers with Brenda Romerowith Brenda Romero54m 41s Beginner
1. Introduction to the Inspector
2. Build Custom Editors in Unity
3. Create Custom UI Elements in Unity
4. Build a Custom Window in Unity
5. Saving and Loading Data in Unity
6. Advanced UI
7. Skinning Custom Inspectors
8. Export Custom Code
Code organization4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.