Join Jesse Freeman for an in-depth discussion in this video Resetting the game over window, part of Unity 5: 2D Advanced UI.
- [Voiceover] So that now that we have our…game over window finished,…it's time for us to start adding values…into our placeholder text.…The first thing we're going to want to do,…is clear all of the text whenever the window opens.…Let's go ahead and open the game over window class.…For us to be able to work with each of the components,…we're going to need to import the Unity engine UI name space…so at the top,…let's add using Unity engine UI.…Next we're going to need fields for each of the labels…and values that we have in our layout.…
We'll start by creating a public field…that is typed to text called left stats label.…Now let's copy this…and paste it below…and change the word label to values.…Now we can copy these two,…paste them down…and while holding down Alt or Option,…we can drag and select the first part…of the field name and change them to the word right.…Finally, we'll need a reference for the score.…
Now that we have all of these,…let's go ahead and copy the block…and we're going to paste them in to a new method…
Unity expert Jesse Freeman helps you design your UI using custom prefabs (reusable UI elements), UI components such as windows and buttons, simple buildup animations, and transitions. He also helps you create a window manager to guide changes and relationships between windows, and extend the window system with a custom Unity editor that lets you standardize window display and navigation throughout your game.
- Creating Unity prefabs: fonts, colors, buttons, and labels
- Adding a title, credits, and buttons to the start screen
- Adding a game over screen
- Creating animated stats for the game over screen
- Transitioning between windows
- Building a keyboard window
- Mouse, keyboard, and controller navigation
- Building a custom Unity editor for managing in-game windows
- Adding a window to select difficulty level
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Generate Procedural Terrainwith Dan Violet Sagmiller4h 4m Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Building a Tile Map Editorwith Jesse Freeman1h 38m Intermediate
1. Create UI Prefabs in Unity
2. Create a Start Screen in Unity
3. Create a Game Over Screen in Unity
4. Create a Window Manager
The window manager3m 45s
5. Create a Virtual Keyboard Window
6. Extend the Window System
7. Add a Difficulty Window in Unity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.