- Creating text and button elements manually
- Creating UI elements from reusable prefabs
- Scripting complex events
- Modifying events at runtime
- Creating UI elements from scripts
- Creating in-game or worldspace elements such as displays and control panels
- Creating tooltips, nested menus, and tables
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm Michael House, and welcome to Programmatic UI with Unity. Programmatic UIs allow you, the developer, to create modern user interfaces that are dynamic and truly harness the power of Unity scripts. Full integrating scripting with your UIs means creating UI elements on demand, changing the actions of buttons on the fly, or creating new types of UI elements. In this course, we'll look at how to create dynamic user interfaces and fully utilize C# scripts, to get the most out of your UIs. I'll start by reviewing the manual creation of some key UI elements.
Then we'll cover the use of prefabs to generate elements at runtime. Next, we'll see how to dynamically change events to modify the response to user input at runtime. Finally, I'll show you how to implement a few different custom UI elements. We'll be covering all of these topics, plus other UI development techniques. Now let's get started.