Learn how to play back animation with Mecanim.
- [Instructor] In this movie, I want to demonstrate … how we can take an animated character … like the Ethan character here and apply an animation to it … that's going to make the character move. … In this case, we're going to make the Ethan character … walk forwards in the scene. … I've simply dragged and dropped our Ethan character model … into the scene and, by default, … you'll see that it has an Animator component attached to it. … I want to now configure that Animator Component … so that we can take a humanoid animation … and apply that to Ethan. … To do so, I'm going to start … by moving back to the Project panel. … Here, through the Animator Controller, … you'll see the Controller field … is currently specified as None. … This is going to be the animation brain. … It's going to tell Unity which animation … to play and apply to this character model. … To create a new Animator Controller, … I'm going to right-click in the Project panel, … choose Create, and it appears outside the recording window, …
- Animating with animation curves
- Working with animation events
- Importing rigged, animated characters
- Configuring Mecanim graphs
- Controlling animation with parameters
- Working with Cinemachine