Join Dan Violet Sagmiller for an in-depth discussion in this video Player color, part of Build a Real-Time Strategy Game with Unity 5.
- [Voiceover] Now we want to show…in-game who the player belongs to.…This is where the accent colors become particularly useful.…While there are many ways to do it,…including writing custom shaders,…we'll be using an incredibly simple method,…just setting the material color of a simple cube.…So to do this, we're first gonna…create a script called "MarkColor".…So in the Scripts folder, I'm gonna right-click…and create a C# script, I'll name it "MarkColor".…Now I'll edit MarkColor.…The MarkColor is a MonoBehaviour, but it won't be updating.…
Everything that it does will be during the initialization.…So I'm deleting Update.…Now, in order for the MarkColor to work,we're gonna…need to know what objects we're gonna change the color of.…Basically, we're just gonna put a couple cubes,…stretched in odd ways, around the object.…And then those will get their colors changed.…So we need to know the mesh renderers of them,…so we can change the material colors of those renderers.…So, "public MeshRenderer", as an array,…'cause we might have more than one,…
AuthorDan Violet Sagmiller
- Adding player positions and start info
- Loading prebuilt levels
- Adding camera moves
- Adding a unit
- Supporting navigation
- Adding unit owners and player objects
- Importing and setting up a HUD map
- Adding unit info and credits
- Creating HUD actions
- Building a command base
- Adding artificial intelligence
- Adding battle actions
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
1. Initial Setup
2. Adding a Unit
3. Navigation Mesh
4. Unit Owner
5. HUD Map
6. Unit Info & Credits
7. HUD Actions
8. Command Base
9. Base AI
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.