Join Alan Thorn for an in-depth discussion in this video Particle packages, part of Cert Prep: Unity Particle Systems, AI, and Audio.
- [Instructor] In this movie,…I'm going to get started at creating…a completely new Particle System.…I want to create a Particle System…that effectively is going to simulate…a plasmic gun, or a plasmic cannon.…The type of plasma beam that you might see…emitted from a science fiction type weapon.…Now, the way to get started at creating this,…is I'm going to begin from a completely…new Particle System so,…I'm not going to be using any of the existing…Particle Systems that are provided…in the Particle System package.…
Instead, I'm going to start from scratch.…Now, to do that I'm going to move to the Menu here,…and select the option that says GameObject,…and then I'm going to move down here,…and we have a range of different options to choose from.…But under the Effects category,…I can select Particle System.…Now, when I select Particle System here,…you can see that it Adds a New Particle System Object…to the Hierarchy Panel.…This is added to the scene here,…and you can see a range of different…Particle System Properties displayed…
This course is part of our Unity cert prep series, focusing on exam objectives related to particle systems, artificial intelligence (AI), navigation and pathfinding systems, and audio. Instructor Alan Thorn teaches you how to control particle emitters, including particle life and size. He explains how to use navigation meshes to control obstacle avoidance, create compelling NPCs by setting up and triggering animation states, and add music and sounds effects to your 2D and 3D games.
Find out more about Unity Certified Developer exam at https://certification.unity.com/.
- Shaping and controlling particle emitters
- Adjusting particle life and size
- Moving objects
- Working with navigation meshes
- Starting and completing idle states
- Starting chase and attack states
- Adding music and 2D and 3D sound