Join Jesse Freeman for an in-depth discussion in this video Parse data, part of Building Custom Tools to Extend the Unity IDE.
- [Voiceover] Now that we're able to save and load the data,…we're going to need a way to parse the data…and reconstruct the items list…when we load it in from the file system.…Let's clear our console and in our project,…let's go into the Scripts folder…and double click on the SaveTest class.…We'll have the SaveTest class…handle parsing the data itself.…As long as we supply a string,…it should know how to reserialize the data,…just like it knows how to save it.…Let's go ahead and delete…the debug log statement we had before.…
We're going to start by creating a variable called itemData.…In it, we're going to take the data that gets passed in…and we'll split it on the semicolon.…Now, make sure you add a single quote.…If you add a double quote, this operation will fail,…because the method requires a character.…In C Sharp, in order to find an individual character,…we use a single quote.…Now that we're able to split the item data…based on the semicolons,…each item in this array will be a string…that represents a SaveItem itself.…
- Exposing variables to the Inspector
- Providing attributes to Inspector fields
- Extending the base editor
- Creating custom UI elements
- Modifying the layout of a custom editor
- Building a custom window
- Saving and loading data
- Creating a reorderable list
- Skinning custom inspectors
- Exporting assets as Unity packages
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
Unity 5 2D: Generate Procedural Terrainwith Dan Violet Sagmiller4h 4m Intermediate
1. Introduction to the Inspector
2. Build Custom Editors in Unity
3. Create Custom UI Elements in Unity
4. Build a Custom Window in Unity
5. Saving and Loading Data in Unity
6. Advanced UI
7. Skinning Custom Inspectors
8. Export Custom Code
Code organization4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.