Join Jesse Freeman for an in-depth discussion in this video Order the windows, part of Unity 5 2D: Advanced UI.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] Now it's time for us to cleanup…our WindowManagerEditor.…We want to change the title from SerializedProperties…to say something more relavant like Windows, and change…each of the elements in the list to an input field that will…allow us to set a new window from the hierarchy.…Let's go into our editor folder…and double click on the WindowManagerEditor.…In the OnEnable method we're going to add some new lines,…and create some callbacks so the list knows how…to render the way we want it to.…The first callback we're going to create…is the drawHeaderCallback.…
In order to add our callback,…let's do an equal sign and start our open parentheses…and type in the word Rect, then hit space.…MonoDevelop will automatically start to…autocomplete the rest of our callback for us.…Select the first item in the list, and you want to make sure…to delete the second opening parenthese.…Now that we have our callback,…let's add the rest of our method.…In order to change the header,…we're going to create a new label.…
We'll simply tell the EditorGUI to create a label.…
Unity expert Jesse Freeman helps you design your UI using custom prefabs (reusable UI elements), UI components such as windows and buttons, simple buildup animations, and transitions. He also helps you create a window manager to guide changes and relationships between windows, and extend the window system with a custom Unity editor that lets you standardize window display and navigation throughout your game.
- Creating Unity prefabs: fonts, colors, buttons, and labels
- Adding a title, credits, and buttons to the start screen
- Adding a game over screen
- Creating animated stats for the game over screen
- Transitioning between windows
- Building a keyboard window
- Mouse, keyboard, and controller navigation
- Building a custom Unity editor for managing in-game windows
- Adding a window to select difficulty level
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5 2D: Generate Procedural Terrainwith Dan Violet Sagmiller4h 4m Intermediate
Unity 5 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
Unity 5 2D: Building a Tile Map Editorwith Jesse Freeman1h 38m Intermediate
1. Create UI Prefabs in Unity
2. Create a Start Screen in Unity
3. Create a Game Over Screen in Unity
4. Create a Window Manager
The window manager3m 45s
5. Create a Virtual Keyboard Window
6. Extend the Window System
7. Add a Difficulty Window in Unity
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.