Join Harrison Ferrone for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Unity: Working with Google Firebase.
- [Instructor] Even though we've gotten…a nice little system in place,…there's always more to do.…For starters, the database manager could be improved…by replacing the specific get players method…with a more generic get and later post…that would say, take in a route…and either data or would return a dictionary of data.…You can also keep building out the router class…and even adding convenience constructors…for making life easier…when you're using filters and queries.…There's so much we haven't touched on in this course,…so please go back and revisit the firebase docs…to see what other cool features…you might want to integrate into your games.…
If you're looking to add in some different design patterns,…I'd recommend taking…our C# Intermediate Design Patterns courses.…As always, happy coding.…
- Working with Firebase
- Adding signup and login functionality
- Building a player class
- Saving data
- Retrieving data
- Displaying data in the Unity GUI
- Making a reusable asset package for other Unity projects
Skill Level Intermediate
Building Custom Tools to Extend the Unity IDEwith Jesse Freeman2h 11m Intermediate
Careers in the Game Industrywith Christian Bradley1h 19m Beginner
Unity 5: 2D Building an Adventure Gamewith Jesse Freeman2h 22m Intermediate
1. Project Overview
2. Introduction to Firebase
3. Authenticating Players
4. Using the Realtime Database
5. Displaying Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.