Join Kelley Hecker for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Building a Match 3 Game with Unity.
- [Voiceover] I hope you've enjoyed this course…and that you're ready to take your game to the next level.…As you bring this game closer to release,…here's some things you might want to consider.…While we've covered a lot in this course…there's many more things you can do to polish your game.…For example, right now we don't reshuffle the board…when there's no possible matches.…You'll probably want to shuffle the board…so that the player doesn't get deadlocked.…You might also want to make it…so that the initial board doesn't have any matches on it,…so that pieces don't get cleared right as the game starts.…
There are many more features you can add…to your Match 3 game.…Most Match 3 games have many more piece types…than what we've implemented here.…You might want to implement a special piece…that clears all pieces in a box around it,…or make it so that when you swap two special pieces,…they combine for an even bigger effect.…If you're interested in taking this game…to mobile platforms, then check out my course,…
Game developer Kelley Hecker covers topics like creating a grid-based game board, using inheritance to create different types of game pieces, adding obstacles and new levels, detecting matches and clearing pieces, and implementing a user interface complete with a score screen. By the end of the course, members will have a completed game and learned new techniques to apply to their next Unity project.
- Creating a game board grid
- Creating and scripting game pieces
- Filling the board
- Creating obstacles
- Swapping pieces
- Matching pieces
- Clearing obstacles and pieces
- Creating new levels
- Creating the user interface: HUD, game over screen, etc.
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
Creating Mobile Games with Unitywith Kelley Hecker1h 12m Intermediate
Build a Real-Time Strategy Game with Unity 5with Dan Violet Sagmiller3h 46m Intermediate
1. The Game Board
2. Make a Move
3. Special Piece Types
4. Level Types
5. User Interface
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.