Join Kelley Hecker for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Scripting Unity with C#.
- I hope you've enjoyed watching this course…and that you now feel confident…programming in Unity with C#.…I encourage you to think of one or two more features…you could add to our platformer game…and try adding them yourself.…Unity also has several completed sample projects…available for free on the Assets store…under Unity Essentials, Sample Projects.…Try downloading one of these and figuring out…how some of the scripts work and how they interact.…
If you want to learn more about Unity scripting,…check out Advanced Unity 3D Game Programming…with Michael House.…For more on making games with Unity,…watch Unity 2D Essential Training…with Jesse Freeman or my other course,…Creating Mobile Games with Unity.…Now get out there and make some games!…
- Defining classes and variables
- Attaching scripts to objects
- Understanding MonoBehaviour class
- Using the Unity Scripting API
- Importing assets
- Using a singleton pattern to manage game state
- Creating an event
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: Why am I getting a script compile error when trying to load the exercise files?
A: This course was recorded in Unity 4.6, and Unity has since released Unity 5. There are two items to address for Unity 5 users.
Q: Why can't I see the Render Settings option in the Edit menu?
A: The Render Settings options have been moved in Unity 5. You can access them by going to the Window menu and choosing Lighting. In the window that loads, Render Settings can be found under the Scene tab.