- [Voiceover] I hope this course has pointed out…what an exciting and rewarding career…being a game programmer can be.…A game can't exist, let alone be a hit,…without the hard work and skill of the game programmers.…I've already talked about the various languages and skills…needed by game programmers.…However, I wanted to leave you with some actionable task…that will get you started towards a career…in game programming immediately.…First, check out our library of courses…that focus on game programming,…game engine scripting,…and introductory courses to various programming languages.…
Some courses I would recommend you take a look at are:…Unreal Essential Training by Craig Barr,…C# Essential Training by David Gassner,…Scripting Unity with C# by Kelley Hecker,…and Creating Mobile Games with Unity, also by Kelley Hecker.…I think you'll find all these courses…to be great jumping-on points…to learning the programming languages,…skills and techniques required by game programmers.…In addition to these videos,…I'd recommend you look into gamedev.net,…
- A brief history of video games
- The phases of game development
- Roles in game development
- Essential programming, art, design, and audio skills
- Choosing a game engine
- Funding options outside the game studio system
Skill Level Beginner
1. Game Studios
2. Roles in Game Development
3. Game Design and Development
4. Alternatives to the Studio Model
What Is Your Next Step?
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.