Join Christian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps for designers, part of Careers in the Game Industry.
- [Voiceover] As you've seen, the game designer position…is one that encompasses all facets of game development.…No other position has as much influence on the game…as the game designer.…This has made the position of game designer…one of the most popular positions in the game industry.…There aren't many careers where one can create fun,…engaging, interactive experiences…for an audience of thousands, if not millions.…We've spent time already covering the responsibility…and skills common to a game design position.…
I wanted to take this last video on the subject…to direct you to some resources…that you can take advantage of immediately…to move you towards a career in game design.…First, check out our library of courses…that focus on game design.…A few of the courses I'd recommend to start with are…Game Design Careers with Brenda Romero,…an interview that takes a closer look…at the game designer career.…Start Your Own Game Company with John Romero,…a documentary focused on advice…from one of the most well-known game designers of all time.…
- A brief history of video games
- The phases of game development
- Roles in game development
- Essential programming, art, design, and audio skills
- Choosing a game engine
- Funding options outside the game studio system
Skill Level Beginner
Unity 5: 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
Game Design Careers with Brenda Romerowith Brenda Romero54m 41s Beginner
Creating a Game Environment in Blender and Unitywith Darrin Lile3h 13m Intermediate
1. Game Studios
2. Roles in Game Development
3. Game Design and Development
4. Alternatives to the Studio Model
What Is Your Next Step?
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.