Join Christian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps for audio engineers, part of Careers in the Game Industry.
- [Voiceover] Are you already interested in music…and looking for a way to transition those interests…into a career?…Does a career in game audio sound like a great job?…It is a great job.…Since I've already mentioned the various software…and skills you should look into learning in previous videos,…I wanted to wrap up this audio engineer guide…with a few tips that will get you started right now…and give you a path that will get you even more information…about this exciting career.…Look at the other courses we offer.…There's a lot of courses that deal directly…with music harmony, creating digital audio,…and learning how to use the hardware and software…necessary to create your own music and audio.…
First, take a look at the courses…on various digital audio workstation solutions,…Pro Tools, Logic Pro X, Ableton, and Reaper, for example.…The course Music Theory for Songwriters:…Harmony with Julian Velard is a great course…where Julian discusses the basics…of what makes appealing harmonies.…Music Production Secrets by Larry Crane,…
- A brief history of video games
- The phases of game development
- Roles in game development
- Essential programming, art, design, and audio skills
- Choosing a game engine
- Funding options outside the game studio system
Skill Level Beginner
Unity 5: 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
Game Design Careers with Brenda Romerowith Brenda Romero54m 41s Beginner
Creating a Game Environment in Blender and Unitywith Darrin Lile3h 13m Intermediate
1. Game Studios
2. Roles in Game Development
3. Game Design and Development
4. Alternatives to the Studio Model
What Is Your Next Step?
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.