- I hope I've perked your interest in a game art career.…I've spent the last 20 years as an environmental artist,…texture artist, and teacher of 3D art.…My career in game art has been extremely rewarding.…Since I've already mentioned the various softwares…and skills you should look into learning in previous videos,…I wanted to wrap up this game artist career guide…with a few tips that'll get you started immediately,…right now in fact,…on your journey towards being a game artist.…First, check out some of our other courses.…Digital Environment Design by David Lesperance.…
David's Environment Design course…is a perfect documentary introduction to concept art.…Digital Matte Painting Essentials 1 by David Mattingly,…a fantastic introduction to basic digital painting skills.…Foundations of Drawing Cartoon Characters for Animation…by Dermot O' Connor, a comprehensive course…on adding personality and movement to characters.…Foundations of Figure Drawing by Amy Wynne,…a course that covers human anatomy and life drawing,…
- A brief history of video games
- The phases of game development
- Roles in game development
- Essential programming, art, design, and audio skills
- Choosing a game engine
- Funding options outside the game studio system
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Game Environment in Blender and Unitywith Darrin Lile3h 13m Intermediate
Game Design Careers with Brenda Romerowith Brenda Romero54m 41s Beginner
1. Game Studios
2. Roles in Game Development
3. Game Design and Development
4. Alternatives to the Studio Model
What Is Your Next Step?
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.