Join Dan Violet Sagmiller for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Build a Real-Time Strategy Game with Unity 5.
- [Voiceover] I hope you enjoyed the course…as much as I enjoyed making it.…I'd like to take a minute to recommend…a few other Lynda courses that might be a good follow up.…As you've seen in our video, debugging AI can be tricky.…Chris Byers' course on debugging scripts in Unity 3D…will give you more practical debugging experience.…Jesse Freeman created a course on Unity's UI system.…As you expand your game, the menu will need to improve,…and more knowledge of the UI system…will significantly help you.…It's easy enough to get by in C#…without using LINQ or lambdas,…but I ended up using both in our course.…
If you want to increase your understanding of it,…just search C# on Lynda,…and you'll find a plethora of courses…to expand your ability.…For LINQ, I recommend LINQ with C# Essential Training…with Olivia Chiu.…Additionally, if you're looking for lambdas,…I recommend C# Delegates, Events, and Lambdas…with Joe Marini.…Thanks for watching.…I'll see you next time.…
AuthorDan Violet Sagmiller
- Adding player positions and start info
- Loading prebuilt levels
- Adding camera moves
- Adding a unit
- Supporting navigation
- Adding unit owners and player objects
- Importing and setting up a HUD map
- Adding unit info and credits
- Creating HUD actions
- Building a command base
- Adding artificial intelligence
- Adding battle actions
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
1. Initial Setup
2. Adding a Unit
3. Navigation Mesh
4. Unit Owner
5. HUD Map
6. Unit Info & Credits
7. HUD Actions
8. Command Base
9. Base AI
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.