Join Dan Violet Sagmiller for an in-depth discussion in this video Navigation, part of Build a Real-Time Strategy Game with Unity 5.
- [Voiceover] Now that we have some of the architecture…in place to discover where on the map a user has clicked,…we'll use it to move a unit.…To start out with, we need to add a Nav Mesh Agent…to our drone.…I'm selecting our Prefab drone,…and in the Add Component, I'm gonna type in nav,…and from that, I see in the Search,…I get Nav Mesh Agent.…Let's bring that in.…Now, the Nav Mesh Agent controlls…its ability to maneuver around the navigation mesh.…So we can set some information about it…such as its Speed: I'm gonna default that to 15.…
I'm gonna set the Angular Speed to 1,000,…and I'm gonna set the Acceleration to 10.…Now we need to get our right click navigate code working.…I'm going into the Scripts, and I'll go into Interactions,…and now I'm gonna edit the right click navigation.…All right, first thing is, this is an interaction…so I'm gonna have it inherit from Interaction.…Next, I have some fields to worry about.…The first one is called RelaxDistance…so public float RelaxDistance = 5.…
So RelaxDistance is how far from a target destination…
AuthorDan Violet Sagmiller
- Adding player positions and start info
- Loading prebuilt levels
- Adding camera moves
- Adding a unit
- Supporting navigation
- Adding unit owners and player objects
- Importing and setting up a HUD map
- Adding unit info and credits
- Creating HUD actions
- Building a command base
- Adding artificial intelligence
- Adding battle actions
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Initial Setup
2. Adding a Unit
3. Navigation Mesh
4. Unit Owner
5. HUD Map
6. Unit Info & Credits
7. HUD Actions
8. Command Base
9. Base AI
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.