Join Alan Thorn for an in-depth discussion in this video Navigation meshes, part of Cert Prep: Unity Particle Systems, AI, and Audio (2017).
- [Instructor] In this chapter, I want to consider…the issue of pathfinding and navigation meshes,…and effectively this is going to look at how…NPC characters in the game, such as enemy characters,…can intelligently maneuver and travel around the level…without bumping into physical obstacles.…So let me just take a look at the exercise files…that you can see in front of you here,…which is based on this pretty simple…Unity project that I've created here.…So we have the Game tab on one side…and the Scene tab on the other, which has a kind…of aerial view of the scene.…
I'm just going to maximize that by just hovering…my mouse over the Scene tab and pressing…shift space bar on the keyboard…to maximize the view of the scene.…So we have this kind of low poly rocky arrangement here.…We have this kind of green capshaw that can…kind of stand in for the player character,…and on the right-hand side in this bright red,…red representing danger, we might have a kind…of temporary NPC character.…Now in this scenario the question arises as to,…
This course is part of our Unity cert prep series, focusing on exam objectives related to particle systems, artificial intelligence (AI), navigation and pathfinding systems, and audio. Instructor Alan Thorn teaches you how to control particle emitters, including particle life and size. He explains how to use navigation meshes to control obstacle avoidance, create compelling NPCs by setting up and triggering animation states, and add music and sounds effects to your 2D and 3D games.
Find out more about Unity Certified Developer exam at https://certification.unity.com/.
- Shaping and controlling particle emitters
- Adjusting particle life and size
- Moving objects
- Working with navigation meshes
- Starting and completing idle states
- Starting chase and attack states
- Adding music and 2D and 3D sound