Join Alan Thorn for an in-depth discussion in this video Navigation and agents, part of Cert Prep: Unity Particle Systems, AI, and Audio.
- [Instructor] In this movie, we're going to see…just how easy it is to make an NPC character…move towards a destination by using the navigation mesh.…In the preceding movie, we generated a navigation mesh…for this environment, and if I switch to the navigation tab,…you get a visualization of that mesh inside the scene.…Notice that the visualization disappears…if I switch to the object inspector…or to any other tab that is not the navigation tab.…I'm going to activate the navigation tab here…so that I can see the navigation mesh.…
I can also deactivate the display here…by using the checkmark here, Show Navigation Mesh.…So we have a test NPC character here…that I'm going to select here inside the hierarchy panel…to select the NPC.…You'll notice that from the NPC character here…that the forward vector, that is the blue forward arrow,…is pointing forwards out of the character's nose here…facing the front.…This is going to be really important for…properly configuring a nav mesh agent.…
Inside Unity, any kind of object that can move intelligently…
This course is part of our Unity cert prep series, focusing on exam objectives related to particle systems, artificial intelligence (AI), navigation and pathfinding systems, and audio. Instructor Alan Thorn teaches you how to control particle emitters, including particle life and size. He explains how to use navigation meshes to control obstacle avoidance, create compelling NPCs by setting up and triggering animation states, and add music and sounds effects to your 2D and 3D games.
Find out more about Unity Certified Developer exam at https://certification.unity.com/.
- Shaping and controlling particle emitters
- Adjusting particle life and size
- Moving objects
- Working with navigation meshes
- Starting and completing idle states
- Starting chase and attack states
- Adding music and 2D and 3D sound