Join Jesse Freeman for an in-depth discussion in this video Modify what the Inspector displays, part of Building Custom Tools to Extend the Unity IDE.
- [Voiceover] Now, let's talk about adding…some custom fields to the new editor we created.…We'll open up the HelloWorld script again.…Inside of our HelloWorldEditor,…within the OnInspectorGUI method,…let's add at the top of our method…a call to create a label field.…We're gonna do this by calling…a static method on the EditorGUILayout class.…Here, you'll be able to call all different types of methods…that create different UI inside of the editor.…For now, let's focus on a basic LabelField.…
The LabelField has two arguments.…The first being the label itself to display…and the second are any GUI layout options…or styling that you'd wanna add.…There are also other overload methods…so let's take a quick look at writing out…Hello Word, and the second argument we'll pass in…will be another string called Description Test.…Now, let's save this LabelField…and go back into Unity and take a look at what happens.…As you can see, at the top of our Hello World Editor,…on the left, we have the label Hello World,…and on the right, we have our Description Test.…
- Exposing variables to the Inspector
- Providing attributes to Inspector fields
- Extending the base editor
- Creating custom UI elements
- Modifying the layout of a custom editor
- Building a custom window
- Saving and loading data
- Creating a reorderable list
- Skinning custom inspectors
- Exporting assets as Unity packages
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Generate Procedural Terrainwith Dan Violet Sagmiller4h 4m Intermediate
1. Introduction to the Inspector
2. Build Custom Editors in Unity
3. Create Custom UI Elements in Unity
4. Build a Custom Window in Unity
5. Saving and Loading Data in Unity
6. Advanced UI
7. Skinning Custom Inspectors
8. Export Custom Code
Code organization4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.