Join Kelley Hecker for an in-depth discussion in this video Make a sprite animation, part of Building a Match 3 Game with Unity.
- [Voiceover] Right now, there's no way to clear…the bubble pieces. We're going to add a way to clear them…by matching the piece adjacent to them.…We'll start by creating a clear…animation for the bubble piece…like we did for the normal piece.…The only difference is that this animation is going to be…made up of different sprites.…Drag the bubble piece prefab into the hierarchy.…In the animations folder, create a new animation called…"Bubble Piece Clear."…Drag the animation onto the prefab in the hierarchy.…
This will add the animator component and…create a new animation controller.…Double click the animation controller to open it.…Since we don't want the clear animation…to play automatically, go ahead and create a new empty state…and set that as the default state.…Go back to the scene, make sure the bubble piece prefab…is selected and open the animation window.…Go ahead and delete the missing property.…I'm going to drag the tab from the animation window…above the scene view, that way the window won't get hidden…
Game developer Kelley Hecker covers topics like creating a grid-based game board, using inheritance to create different types of game pieces, adding obstacles and new levels, detecting matches and clearing pieces, and implementing a user interface complete with a score screen. By the end of the course, members will have a completed game and learned new techniques to apply to their next Unity project.
- Creating a game board grid
- Creating and scripting game pieces
- Filling the board
- Creating obstacles
- Swapping pieces
- Matching pieces
- Clearing obstacles and pieces
- Creating new levels
- Creating the user interface: HUD, game over screen, etc.
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
Creating Mobile Games with Unitywith Kelley Hecker1h 12m Intermediate
Build a Real-Time Strategy Game with Unity 5with Dan Violet Sagmiller3h 47m Intermediate
1. The Game Board
2. Make a Move
3. Special Piece Types
4. Level Types
5. User Interface
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.