Join Kelley Hecker for an in-depth discussion in this video Make a clear animation, part of Building a Match 3 Game with Unity.
- [Voiceover] Now that we can detect valid matches…we can start clearing the matching pieces.…First we're going to make a quick…animation for when a piece is cleared.…Create a new folder called Animations.…Inside that folder create a new animation by right clicking…and going to Create, Animation. Call it NormalPieceClear.…Next go to the PreFabs folder and…drag in the NormalPiecePrefab.…Go back to the Animations folder…and drag in the animation we just made…over the NormalPiecePrefab in the hierarchy.…
You can see that this added an…animator component to our prefab.…This will allow us to play our animation.…It also created an animation controller.…The animation controller controls which animation is played.…Double click the animation controller to open it.…Here you can see that we have one…animation called NormalPieceClear.…This is orange, meaning it's the default state.…That means that our animation will play automatically…when the game is run, which is not what we want.…Right click and create a new empty state.…
Game developer Kelley Hecker covers topics like creating a grid-based game board, using inheritance to create different types of game pieces, adding obstacles and new levels, detecting matches and clearing pieces, and implementing a user interface complete with a score screen. By the end of the course, members will have a completed game and learned new techniques to apply to their next Unity project.
- Creating a game board grid
- Creating and scripting game pieces
- Filling the board
- Creating obstacles
- Swapping pieces
- Matching pieces
- Clearing obstacles and pieces
- Creating new levels
- Creating the user interface: HUD, game over screen, etc.
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Mobile Games with Unitywith Kelley Hecker1h 12m Intermediate
Build a Real-Time Strategy Game with Unity 5with Dan Violet Sagmiller3h 47m Intermediate
1. The Game Board
2. Make a Move
3. Special Piece Types
4. Level Types
5. User Interface
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.