Join Harrison Ferrone for an in-depth discussion in this video Make an asset package, part of Unity: Working with Google Firebase.
- [Instructor] I'm going to round out the course…with some tips on how to efficiently reuse…all the code we've written.…We've created a really solid, extendible framework here…for working with Google Firebase,…so there's really no reason to redo all this work…every time you start a new game project.…Exporting a custom asset package…is one of the ways that Unity makes it easy to carry…all of our reusable systems and code…from project to project.…Go up to the top navigation bar, hit Assets,…Export Package, you'll see the exporting package pop up.…
Now by default, everything will be selected,…so I'm going to select None.…For a starter package, I would just include…the database and auth manager scripts and the router.…It's tempting to take all the Firebase SDK packages…with you too, but that will give you more headache…than it's worth to keep up with the updates.…I would just import the latest Firebase SDK…into any project.…
- Working with Firebase
- Adding signup and login functionality
- Building a player class
- Saving data
- Retrieving data
- Displaying data in the Unity GUI
- Making a reusable asset package for other Unity projects
Skill Level Intermediate
Careers in the Game Industrywith Christian Bradley1h 19m Beginner
Building Custom Tools to Extend the Unity IDEwith Jesse Freeman2h 11m Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Building an Adventure Gamewith Jesse Freeman2h 22m Intermediate
1. Project Overview
2. Introduction to Firebase
3. Authenticating Players
4. Using the Realtime Database
5. Displaying Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.