- Now to do this, what we're going to do … is we're going to use Unity's WWW request. … And if I just open up Google for a second, … and just open a new tab rather, there we go, … so if I type in Unity WWW, it will … bring up the documentation page. … And from here, look, you can see that there are … various different subcategories under this command. … This is how we're going to request information … from a URL, and it's what you need to do … if for example you wanted to connect to a web server, … and log in to retrieve the user's information, … and then load that into the app dynamically. … Which is a very sought after skillset … that lots of my students have asked me for. … Now the only real difference in this one and this one, … is this base request will act almost like … a hyperlink on a website, where when you click it … it just goes to a website and loads it on the screen. … The difference is that Unity can then download … that information and we can read it inside Unity. … So if it's plain text, then it's nice and easy. …
- Setting up an AR camera
- Building a scrolling menu
- Creating a scene controller
- Using Unity to load data from a website URL
- Refactoring code
- Populating a virtual object with JSON data
- Calculating distance using GPS
- Sorting results
Skill Level Advanced
1. Creating a Virtual Camera With On-Screen GPS
2. My Place Finder Real Google Places App
Next steps6m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.