Join Harrison Ferrone for an in-depth discussion in this video Integrate the Firebase SDK, part of Unity: Working with Google Firebase.
- [Instructor] To get started I'm going to create a copy…of the starter project and store it on my desktop.…If you go into Exercise Files…and select the FireQuest_Starter project…you can hit Command + D if you're on a Mac to copy it…and hit Enter to rename.…I'm going to call my working copy FireQuest_Working.…And just going to drag it onto the desktop.…This way if you ever need to go back…and look at the starter project…you'll have a clean copy of it in the Exercise Files.…
In order to add the Firebase SDK to our Unity project…we actually have to have a Firebase account.…Back on the Firebase site click Go To Console…in the upper right hand corner.…I'm already signed in with my Gmail account,…so if you are signed in it'll take you right here.…If not, it'll just ask you to confirm your identity.…If you don't have a Google account you can create one…and pause the video while you get it set up.…Once you're on the console click Add project.…
We're going to name ours FireQuest…and hit Create Project.…This may take a couple seconds to load up.…
- Working with Firebase
- Adding signup and login functionality
- Building a player class
- Saving data
- Retrieving data
- Displaying data in the Unity GUI
- Making a reusable asset package for other Unity projects
Skill Level Intermediate
Careers in the Game Industrywith Christian Bradley1h 19m Beginner
Building Custom Tools to Extend the Unity IDEwith Jesse Freeman2h 11m Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Building an Adventure Gamewith Jesse Freeman2h 22m Intermediate
1. Project Overview
2. Introduction to Firebase
3. Authenticating Players
4. Using the Realtime Database
5. Displaying Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.