Join Jesse Freeman for an in-depth discussion in this video Input field: Strings & numbers, part of Building Custom Tools to Extend the Unity IDE.
- [Voiceover] Now let's talk about creating our own…input fields for our custom editor.…Let's open up the HelloWorldEditor…inside of MonoDevelop, and we're gonna…comment out our DrawDefaultInspector,…and the custom label that we created before.…We're gonna leave script, because we're gonna…want to reference the fields on…the actual HelloWorld class itself.…We'll make a little room, and let's start with a float.…From the EditorGUILayout class, we'll call the FloatField.…
We're gonna give it a label of Speed, and we're…gonna access the script's speed…public field, just like we did before.…Let's save this and go back into Unity.…Once it's compiled, let's select our sprite…and take a look, and you'll now see…that the value of speed is 10.…If you remember earlier, we had changed…this value when we were going through…and playing with the slider.…Unity is going to automatically save…a serialized copy of the values from this class.…
In this case, this value is automatically gonna get saved.…Let's try to make this value 0.…
- Exposing variables to the Inspector
- Providing attributes to Inspector fields
- Extending the base editor
- Creating custom UI elements
- Modifying the layout of a custom editor
- Building a custom window
- Saving and loading data
- Creating a reorderable list
- Skinning custom inspectors
- Exporting assets as Unity packages
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Generate Procedural Terrainwith Dan Violet Sagmiller4h 4m Intermediate
1. Introduction to the Inspector
2. Build Custom Editors in Unity
3. Create Custom UI Elements in Unity
4. Build a Custom Window in Unity
5. Saving and Loading Data in Unity
6. Advanced UI
7. Skinning Custom Inspectors
8. Export Custom Code
Code organization4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.