Join Alan Thorn for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing and configuring assets, part of Unity: 3D Level Design.
- [Instructor] So here we are, we have a complete…blank and empty Unity project.…We've created a new project ready to prototype our 3D level…and apply our level design skills.…In this movie, what I'm going to do…is start to import some of the critical assets…that we're going to be using and working with…when constructing our level.…In particular, I'm going to be importing…the different Mesh pieces that are going to be used…to construct the environment here.…Before I do so I want to say a little bit about…the Unity interface that you can see that we have here.…
This layout is based on the Unity default layout…and it basically this layout that I'm going to be using…throughout the remainder of this course.…There are different Unity layouts available…by moving to the top right hand side…in the dropdown list here under the layout menu.…You can see that we have different layouts available…for the interface here and you may be using…one of these other particular layouts…but I'm going to be sticking with the Default layout.…
The concepts covered in this course can help to prepare you for the Unity Certified Developer exam.
- Creating a Unity project
- Importing and configuring assets
- Modular level building
- Getting started with lighting
- Working with light probes and occlusion culling
- Creating timed behaviors
- Starting and completing a finite state machine