Learn how to import audio for games.
- [Instructor] In this movie, I want to explore some … of the default and most important import settings … for audio files whenever we import them … into our projects. … When you import an audio asset into Unity, … A series of default settings are applied, … and you can view these by selecting the audio asset … and viewing them here inside the Object Inspector. … So inside the Object Inspector, when I select, for example, … Footstep04, I can see the settings that apply … to that audio file. … Now, these settings are critically important … to preserving and maintaining the quality … of the audio asset. … And they can also radically change … the loading times for your game. … I want to go through some general Dos and Don'ts … about applying the settings to various audio assets, here. … So example I'm going to begin by taking the FlightWind … audio asset. … I'm going to select that. … We can see an example of the waveform here … inside the preview panel. … When I move to the top, we have a range …
Find out more about Unity Certified Associate exam at https://certification.unity.com/products/certified-associate.
- Importing audio files
- Configuring audio listeners and sources
- Creating mixers
- Coding with AudioSources
- Adding sound effects for characters and events
- Building a particle system
- Configuring particle collisions