Join Dan Violet Sagmiller for an in-depth discussion in this video Import HUD, part of Build a Real-Time Strategy Game with Unity 5.
- [Voiceover] For this next chapter,…we'll deal with the Heads Up Display, or HUD.…To begin, let's import it.…For that, we'll go to the Resources folder…from our downloads.…Under the Resources folder, and Content Three,…you'll find HUD.unity package.…Drag that into your project.…From inside of here you can see that it's trying to import…several textures and a prefab.…We'll import them.…We have three new images,…a cash box, picture of the drone unit,…and the map.…
You'll notice that the map is simply just…an overhead shot of this map.…Additionally we have a prefab.…Let's drag the prefab into the scene, this HUD,…and play it so we can see what it looks like.…Now by adding this we have a map,…we have a section that shows a blip for the user,…we have a border that surrounds what the camera sees.…It's not lined up currently but we'll get it there.…Additionally we have an Info panel,…and that Info panel has text,…it also has a place for an icon…and an image to display about what we're looking at.…
And finally, we have an Action panel,…
AuthorDan Violet Sagmiller
- Adding player positions and start info
- Loading prebuilt levels
- Adding camera moves
- Adding a unit
- Supporting navigation
- Adding unit owners and player objects
- Importing and setting up a HUD map
- Adding unit info and credits
- Creating HUD actions
- Building a command base
- Adding artificial intelligence
- Adding battle actions
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
1. Initial Setup
2. Adding a Unit
3. Navigation Mesh
4. Unit Owner
5. HUD Map
6. Unit Info & Credits
7. HUD Actions
8. Command Base
9. Base AI
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.