Join Alan Thorn for an in-depth discussion in this video Implementing the win condition, part of Unity: 3D Level Design.
- [Instructor] In this movie…we're going to handle the win condition of the level.…That is, when we've collected all the coins in the level,…we want to move to the next level,…or we want to show a win screen.…And in this movie we're going to be handling that situation.…To get started I'm going to be moving…and revisiting the script file that we created earlier.…So if I double click on the script file,…and double click on the coin collect script…to bring that back, you will recall…that during the on trigger enter function,…we check to see if all the coins remaining in the level…was less than or equal to zero.…
And in the case where it was,…we initiate the win condition to go to the next level.…Or to show a win screen.…First of all we need to create that win screen,…and then we want to show that.…To do this I'm going to minimize mono develop here,…or rather I'm going to minimize Visual Studio.…And go back to the project panel.…I'm going to create a completely new scene…which is going to contain a GUI, that is a user interface,…
The concepts covered in this course can help to prepare you for the Unity Certified Developer exam.
- Creating a Unity project
- Importing and configuring assets
- Modular level building
- Getting started with lighting
- Working with light probes and occlusion culling
- Creating timed behaviors
- Starting and completing a finite state machine