Join Dan Violet Sagmiller for an in-depth discussion in this video Highlighting, part of Unity 5: Build a Real-Time Strategy Game.
- [Voiceover] We'll need a way to tell…if a unit has been selected.…To do this, we'll add an image that rotates around it.…We can find that in Content 2 of our Resources download.…So, under Resources, Content 2, and then Textures,…we'll find an image called Selected dot PNG.…I'm going to drag that into the…Textures folder of the project.…So now I have Selected in here.…I have a change I need to make.…I need to set it to Transparent.…
So Alpha is transparency, and Apply.…Now we can see the actual outline of the selection show up.…Next, we'll need a material.…I'm going into the Materials folder…and I'll add a new material called Selection.…Now I need to select a new shader.…I'm gonna go from Shader Standard to Unlit Transparent.…Why Unlit? Because there's not gonna be any…lighting effects to alter this.…
Next, for the texture, I'm gonna select from…the Textures folder and drag Selected onto the texture.…So now we have our selection material.…Next I need to drag the Prefab back onto the scene,…so we can add our selection to it.…
AuthorDan Violet Sagmiller
- Adding player positions and start info
- Loading prebuilt levels
- Adding camera moves
- Adding a unit
- Supporting navigation
- Adding unit owners and player objects
- Importing and setting up a HUD map
- Adding unit info and credits
- Creating HUD actions
- Building a command base
- Adding artificial intelligence
- Adding battle actions
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 5 2D Essential Training (2015)with Jesse Freeman3h 22m Intermediate
1. Initial Setup
2. Adding a Unit
3. Navigation Mesh
4. Unit Owner
5. HUD Map
6. Unit Info & Credits
7. HUD Actions
8. Command Base
9. Base AI
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.