Join Harrison Ferrone for an in-depth discussion in this video Handle changing data, part of Unity: Working with Google Firebase.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at some of the different…methods we can use to pull data.…In our get players call,…we used our router,…and we used the get value async method.…Using the get value async method is a one-time call,…so what if we wanted to take a more dynamic approach…to our list view?…Well, since our database is real time,…we can subscribe to a number of different built in events…on any given router.…For example, what if we took our router, players,…and use the value changed…call instead of get value async?…Well, that would fire every time…there was any kind of change to data under that node.…
However, if we wanted to be more specific,…we could say "router players,"…and only fire when a new child is added.…Let's do a more practical example in code here.…In our player board manager, in the Awake function,…I'm going to go ahead and comment out…our database manager call.…On a Mac commenting out in bulk is Command /,…so I'm going to save that, and instead,…I'm going to use our router players…child added,…
- Working with Firebase
- Adding signup and login functionality
- Building a player class
- Saving data
- Retrieving data
- Displaying data in the Unity GUI
- Making a reusable asset package for other Unity projects
Skill Level Intermediate
Careers in the Game Industrywith Christian Bradley1h 19m Beginner
Building Custom Tools to Extend the Unity IDEwith Jesse Freeman2h 11m Intermediate
Unity 5: 2D Building an Adventure Gamewith Jesse Freeman2h 22m Intermediate
1. Project Overview
2. Introduction to Firebase
3. Authenticating Players
4. Using the Realtime Database
5. Displaying Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.