Join Alan Thorn for an in-depth discussion in this video Getting started with lighting, part of Unity: 3D Level Design.
- [Instructor] In this chapter of the course…we're going to focus on creating the lighting for the level,…as well as refining the details of the level…in several other important ways.…Before I go ahead and create the lighting of the level,…the first thing I want to do…is to add some organization to the scene.…If you take a look at the hierarchy panel,…you can see that after duplicating,…adding many of these different environment pieces,…we have something of a mess of different objects.…So, we have the section T, the cross, the curve,…the curve zero one, the curve four, the curve eight,…and it really goes on,…there are far too many pieces to keep track of.…
So I want to add some organization to the hierarchy panel.…We can do this by utilizing empty objects,…we can use empty objects to act like organizational folders,…and I want to show you how we can do that.…The first thing I'm going to do…to create a new and empty object…is move to the menu, choose GameObject,…and then select Create Empty.…I can use control, shift, N on the keyboard…
The concepts covered in this course can help to prepare you for the Unity Certified Developer exam.
- Creating a Unity project
- Importing and configuring assets
- Modular level building
- Getting started with lighting
- Working with light probes and occlusion culling
- Creating timed behaviors
- Starting and completing a finite state machine